Alive Museum is a museum where you can void the "Do not touch" rules; It is the original 3D visual illusion museum that originated from South Korea since 2009 and now it open its chain in Singapore on June 2014 at Suntec City Mall over 10,000 sqft, with more than 80 artwork exhibits that are brought ALIVE with 3D painting, shading and drawing techniques that create visual illusions.
|3 Temasek Blvd #03-372
(Between Towers 3 and 4)
10am – 10pm Daily
(Last Admission at 9pm)
|+65 6734 8298|
My boyfriend and I reach the museum around 11am, got our ticket and went for our breakfast. P.S The ticket validity from the day of purchase is 1 month. We were amaze that how accessible it is to the museum from Promenade MRT station, we came out by exit C and the walk way immediately leads us to Suntec City Tower 3 and 4 which we only need to take the lift up to level 3 to the museum. No need to worry of getting lost! I like how this area is centrally located so that it is convenient for people staying near the central to visit.
After breakfast we visited the washroom cause there's no toilet inside the museum, we then headed straight away to the museum right after we are done, yay!
All the artworks are hand-painted and handcrafted by Alive Museum’s own team of talented artists from South Korea to exacting standards, so as to ensure unparalleled quality. Approximate visiting time is 1 hour 30 minute, but we actually spend 2 hour and 30 minute inside. Ok, I shall stop the talking and let's start with the pictures browsing now!
Trick ArtTrick Art was very popular during the Baroque era in the 16th century. Using 3D painting techniques, these art pieces trick the eyes and stimulate your mind into seeing both illusion and reality at the same time.
|A Young Man Holding a Skull|
|A Bathing Woman|
Digital ArtDigital Art combines state-of-the-art technologies and art elements so as to let visitors experience art beyond what is seen, and enjoy art like never before.
Below video is an example of Digital art with a mixture of other arts:
Object ArtObject Art features sculptures and installations that challenge our senses. Is seeing believing? Touch and be part of the art pieces for an immersive experience and picture stories that will suprise your friends!
|Gate to Heaven|
|Tunnel's Desperate Struggle|
|Elephant Pen Sketch|
|Crocodile in a Man-hole|
Experimental ArtExperimental Art combines new technology with various digital art concepts for visitors to actively interact with one another. One visitor may become an artist, and the other, a masterpiece!
|The Camera Obscura|
- Don't need to worry about professional camera, your phone camera will do the job. (Ditch your speedlight and tripod today cause it is not recommended/allow)
- If you are bringing a interchangeable lens camera do use a wider lens, capturing more is always better than having lesser details. Photo can always be cropped for a better composition to make it more realistic. For me I am using 16mm lens on 1.5x crop sensor (35mm equivalent == 24mm)
- Bring less belongings and wear comfortable clothes so that you can move around freely
- Clear your bowel before going in, girls can also take this time to touch-up their look
- Request for FREE Wi-Fi so that you can update your social media account on the go
- Beat the queue by getting an express pass when it is crowded (not recommended unless you are in a hurry)
- Go in a group of 4 or more so that photo taking experience will be better else you will be like me. (solo picture)
- Plan your shot beforehand if possible so that you don't need to waste time on thinking what to pose.
- Be patient, wait for your turn while another group is posing for their picture so that everyone will have a chance to experience all the art piece.
- Be early is always better than late, lastly set your mind free and have fun.
Ticket Prices: $25 (Adults), $20 (Children 3-12 yrs)
Purchase your admission ticket online, avoid the queue and receive discount.
Having a total of 15 branches in Korea (8), China (3), Turkey (1), Thailand (1), Vietnam (1), and Singapore (1) and is still currently expanding.