Skip to main content

My first perm

I was an beauty therapist apprentices before, whether me performing an eyelash perming for people or therapist perming my eyelash for me is not a problem. What I am worried about is getting my hair perm.

I was always hesitating whether to perm my hair or not. When I was having middle length hair I told myself to wait for my hair to grow longer so that I could get a perm. When my hair grew longer I will find it too boring and get it snip off. When my hair is long I am afraid to perm, scare I would look ugly in it and I will be wasting my money so I end up cutting it away. Last Monday in school while waiting for time to pass I made an impromptu choice, I decided to spend my 3 hour to get myself a digital perm. One reason to perm my hair is I always wanted a thick looking hair and my hair is very thin, I also have some bald area on top of my head and it is way to costly to spend my money on getting a scalp treatment.

Now let's take a look at my hair before perm, 100% Natural NO Dye NO Reborn worst is I did not do treatment for the past few month and I am using heat styling tool almost everyday.

(front)

(back)

Things to know before you get a perm:
  1. Do treatment 1 or 2 day before you get a perm because your hair will be dry after you perm as it require a strong chemical to perm.
  2. Do NOT cut your hair, your stylist will trim your hair into layer so that you can achieve a more volume perm look and also to trim away those split ends.
  3. If you have long fringe think about are you going to keep them straight or are you going to perm them
  4. Wait for at least 6 month to get your hair perm if you just did any chemical hair treatment.
  5. Best not to apply any hair product as it might not be washed off clearly and leave your hair with excess oil.

This are the Shampoo and Condition I thought of using on perm hair, could not thought of any to use. If you have any to recommend please comment.

Stylist recommend me to buy this sculpturing gel(right) to apply on my hair every time after washing to maintain the curl, was also told to mix with any serum I like so I decided to use the anti-frizz serum(left) I bought sometime ago.

Just a "fifty-cents" drop with a mixture of my desire serum will do.

A friend of mine told me that a perm would last up to one year. My hair is kind of straight-stubborn, it is very resistant so I am afraid that my hair will not absorb the chemical and will become straight very soon after I perm.

I remember at first my curls was tight after removing the rod and I am thinking "Why so aunty, am I going to regret it?" and when the stylist wash away the neutralizer I saw my hair almost straight! And now in my mind I am thinking "Oh my god did my hair not absorb the perm solution, don't tell me I have waste my time sitting here and my hair is still straight?!" When my hair is semi-dry the hair stylist used an heat dryer to twirl my hair to set it into shape while waiting for it to dry and my hair turn out curl, later she then later apply the product that she recommend me to buy on my hair.

Am keeping track on my hair for the past few days, now I am going to share with you on how and what I do to my hair after a perm:

Day 1
14 October 2013, 11:59 PM
Before sleep
Product on hair: Sculpturing gel + Salon serum

Was constantly twisting my hair afraid that it would fall apart.

Day 2
15 October 2013, 1:20 PM
After I wake up
Product on hair: Sculpturing gel + Salon serum

Myth: Not to wash your hair until 48 hours after the perm.

Day 2
15 October 2013, 10:46PM
After hair wash, air dry
Product on hair: Sculpturing gel + Anti-frizz serum

I washed my hair after 24 hour of waiting as I am not used to not washing my hair.

Day 3
16 October 2013, 11:39 AM
After hair wash, air dry
Product on hair: Sculpturing gel + Anti-frizz serum

I dare not comb my hair when there is still the smell of the perm solution, but today I comb it.
If you know me in real life you should know that I love combing my hair and I comb it almost every minute and hour.This time I endure it for 2 day before I can comb it.

Day 4
17 October 2013, 1:02 PM
After hair wash, air dry
Product on hair: Sculpturing gel + Anti-frizz serum + Volumizing spray

Day 6
19 October 2013, 2:49 PM
When I was out
Product on hair: Sculpturing gel + Anti-frizz serum + Volumizing spray

Was quite sad that I can't clip up my fringe as it keeps falling off, last resort is to tie it temporary

Day 7
20 October 2013, 6:11 PM
After hair wash, air dry
No product on hair

Day 7
20 October 2013, 6:28 PM
After hair wash, air dry
Product on hair: Sculpturing gel + Anti-frizz serum

Now I only hope that the curl can last me up to at least six month till April 2014

Things to know after you get a perm:
  1. Spray a volumizing product to the roots and blow-dry at the scalp to create added lift, I do it almost every day even when I am not having a perm.
  2. Air dry your hair. If you must use a hairdryer, make sure you use one with a diffuser to avoid further damage.
  3. Carefully towel blots your hair dry after wash. Avoid tangles as it can damage the hair perm.
  4. Use hair products specially created for permed hair.
  5. Products known as rejuvenators are used to keep your perm in good shape. These products will also add shine and body to your hair.
  6. Don't need to worry about your perm faded off, you can still trim your split's end as normal. Your perm might even turn out better and bouncier.

A perm is permanent. If you want to see how you look like with curly hair or get a temporary curl do try hot rollers or curling iron, instead if you want curly, wavy, or hair with the body every day, a perm is a way to go.

Unfortunately, my fringe has been trimmed short :( now I have difficulties clipping up my hair. Do I have the patience to wait for it to grow or should I get bangs?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pixaroll on 21st Birthday Guestbook

To further enhance my guestbook I decided to include some pictures of my friends who wrote down their wishes for me, at the right timing Pixaroll approach me for a collaboration by offering me 12 square stickers in 2.5 x 2.5 inch.

The progress of my cheek fat removal with CoolMini at Halley Medical Aesthetics

A few months ago, I did a non-invasive treatment at Halley Medical Aesthetics to remove stubborn fats in my cheeks using CoolSculpting , a technology that uses controlled cooling to target and kill fat cells. No surgery, no needles, no downtime needed.

Scoot Cabin Crew Interview (UPDATED)

This post has been sitting in my draft for awhile and now it's finally time to publish it. Being a cabin crew aka air stewardess is a dream job for most of the girls and it may also attract eyes of envy, furthermore cabin crew get to enjoy in different country each time after work(that's other people mindset), however most people need to understand that the job is not as luxurious as it seems and cabin crew will also be sacrificing their family time for work. There was this day when I have finally graduated from ITE and found out that Scoot is recruiting cause I am constantly checking out their website hehe so I decided to send in my application. One reason why I choose Scoot is because it is a new airline and the people there all share a common characteristic which is "Scootitude" that makes them so fun-loving. Image credit: Hpility